LawyerSmack, LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “LawyerSmack”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to in it) describes the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide on this website www.lawyersmack.com (or “Website”) and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
This policy does not apply to information we collect through any other means, or to] information collected on any other Company, affiliate, or third-party site, or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under The Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, and cookies and web beacons.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide To Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and text messages), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies / Cookies and Web Beacons
Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including, without limitation, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
You are responsible for any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on our Website, or transmit to other users of our Website (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to other users of our Website at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on our Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our service; or
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form).
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users (for example, we may report to them that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on their advertisement on a given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. Even though we only disclose aggregate information that is not personally-identifiable to advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may assume that you meet the target criteria they selected.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our Website to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business;
In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of the Company’s assets.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation;
- Enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; and
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of LawyerSmack, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, organizations, or law enforcement for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by the Company, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or you can opt-out of the email. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.